For the brownies
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules (I used espresso powder)
- 1/4 cup Baileys (or other similar brand) Irish Cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 TB. butter
- 4 oz. 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate bar chopped (I used 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate but a Semi-Sweet Chocolate bar would also work) in small pieces,
- 2 TB. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil and allow the foil to hang over 2 opposite edges. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl mix the eggs to break them up. Add in the sugar, coffee granules or espresso powder, Baileys, and vanilla. Beat for 8 minutes.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan, Add broken pieces of chocolate and melt on low, whisk a few times. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisk the flour mixture in and gently mix. Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake brownies in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack. Remove brownies from the foil when cooled. The top part will be a little crackly but all is good with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.