Games on whether its for the Super Bowl or any other favorite sport game. Two crowd pleasers to get your party started.
Spinach Artichoke Pizza Bites
Cook's Notes: Reimagine your favorite spinach artichoke dip into these tasty pizza bites.
The recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated, assembled quickly right before guests arrive. Toast small bread slices ahead and set aside. Recipe makes about 24 depending on size of the bread. Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine January 2020.
- 1/2 bag thawed cut leaf spinach, squeeze out any extra liquid (about a cup and half)
- 1 jar (6.5) marinated artichokes hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Dash red pepper flakes
- Small bread toasts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toast one side of bread and set aside.
- Puree until smooth all ingredients though salt and pepper.
- On the untoasted side spread filling. Top each pizza round with grated Parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese with a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes.
A twist on your classic Pigs in Blanket game day snack using Puff Pasty, Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage and Bagel Everything Seasoning.
Recipe makes about 20 appetizers.
- 1 box puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 package Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Bagel Seasoning
- Honey Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with a silicone pad or parchment paper.
- Make sure each sausage is wiped dry and then cut into 5ths.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 9- 10 inch square on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 7 equal strips, then cut each strip in half. Wrap a strip of puff pastry around each sausage bite, seam side down on baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with bagel seasoning. Bake 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve with mustard.