Cook's notes: Easy last minute valentine specials
Heart-Shaped French ToastCook's notes: recipe inspiration from landolakes.com
Strawberry ButterHeart Shape Bread sticks
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 TB. strawberry preserves
- 8 (3/4-inch) slices Italian bread or another type of firm bread
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- Powdered sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and preserves in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Cut bread slices with a 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Combine half & half, eggs and vanilla in 9-inch pie plate; mix well. Dip 4 bread shapes into half & half mixture, turning to coat both sides; let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet or griddle until sizzling; add coated bread. Cook over medium heat, turning once, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Carefully clean skillet with paper towel, if necessary.
- Repeat dipping remaining bread shapes into egg mixture. Melt remaining butter in skillet and cook bread as directed.
- Sprinkle hot French toast with powdered sugar; serve with Strawberry Butter.
inspired by Kraftrecipes.com
- 1 can (11 oz.) refrigerated soft bread sticks
- 4 TB. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, oregano or Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp.sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp.water
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Separate breadstick dough into 12 pieces. Twist 2 pieces together; form into heart shape on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough pieces to make a total of 6 hearts.
- Combine egg and water with a whisk, brush on dough hearts.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, dried herbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Strawberries with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling
Cook's notes: The recipe can be easily halved.
- 1 – 8 oz. brick of cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 10 oz. jar of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 3 – TB. powdered sugar
- 1-2 TB Amaretto or Kahlua
- 2 – lbs. fresh strawberries
- Blend cream cheese, hazelnut chocolate spread, and powdered sugar until fully integrated and creamy.
- Use a paring knife cut the top of the strawberries off and discard, hollow out the inside of the strawberry slightly to make a cavity to stuff the chocolate cream cheese in. Fill the strawberries and refrigerate.