Irish Cream Swirl BrowniesCook's notes: This favorite takes on a seasonal twist with a splash of Irish Cream liqueur and green food coloring. The decadent brownie and swirl topping might just leave everyone tapping their feet to a Celtic tune.
I love the convenience of shopping grocery stores in the South where they stock wine and liquor. These minis Baileys were on display and the perfect splash for the brownie recipe. This package contains 4 mini bottles. One bottle is enough for the recipe with a splash leftover for your cup of coffee or poured over ice.
Recipe inspiration from mccormick.com
- 1 package (family size) fudge brownie mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 TB. Kahlua
- 1-8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TB. flour
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 x 8 glass pan.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on box but add in vanilla and Kahlua. Coffee can be substituted for the water. Reserve 1 cup batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in pan.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, flour and sugar until smooth. Add in Irish cream liqueur, egg and food coloring. Beat until well blended. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Drop 1 cup reserved brownie batter by spoonfuls over cream cheese layer.
- Cut through batter with butter knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes for a 8 x 8 pan. If using a 9 x 9 pan check at 35 minutes.
- Cool pan on a wire rack.
Full Moon Over Tucson