Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The World According to Bella and Baileys Irish Cream Pound Cake

Danger in the Desert
When Mr. C and Mrs. S signed on for this trip they failed to tell me about the dangers lurking in the desert. Perhaps I should have paid more attention on day one when Mrs. S and I saw this sign at the rest stop.  
In the six weeks I have been here I've yet to see a snake on my walks through the desert to the dog park, only desert rats and roadrunners. This past week two scary things have happened. But I want you to know I did my best to protect Mr.C 
First a coyote came running out of the desert. It crossed the street right in front of us. I gave my bravest, loudest bark and that scared it right off. But yesterday was more than scary. I could barely get out a bark. I was sure Mr. C and I were in BIG trouble. We were on our usual walk on the desert path to the park. Out of nowhere came 8 and I mean 8 javelinas! We were definitely outnumbered. And they're just plain UGLY and HUGE. Mrs. S once took a picture of two sleeping at the desert museum but she was behind a fence.   

But once I got going on the barking thing I couldn't stop. I managed to scare them off and dragged Mr. C in an opposite direction. Lucky for him he was still holding on to my leash. Neither of us ever looked back. We learned later javelinas can be a problem in neighborhoods. They are always looking for food so garbage can't be put out the night before. Just the thought of 8 of so close by makes me shake.

I'm starting to miss home. I've been gone so long my buddies probably have forgotten me. And I know all the snow and ice are gone but the problem seems to be Mr. C and Mrs. S. I just don't see them packing at all. I'm getting worried. 
Love, Bella

_________________________________________

Baileys Irish Cream Pound Cake
Cook's notes: This cake is loaded with flavor and very moist. It is a very straightforward recipe and easy to put together. The frosting is so good you could just eat it right out of the bowl.
Recipe from lemontreedwelling.com

Loaf Ingredients:

  •  1/2 cup butter
  •  3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup Baileys' Irish Cream
  • 1-1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup sugar
Glaze Ingredients:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  •  3 TB. Baileys' Irish Cream (may need more to reach icing desired consistency)
  • 1 TB. cocoa powder 
Loaf Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 and grease a loaf pan.
  • Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
  •  In a mixing bowl beat butter about 30 seconds, gradually add in sugar and beat about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
  • Add in eggs one at a time and mix well.
  • In another bowl combine sour cream and Bailey's, stir well to mix. 
  • Alternate the flour mixture with the sour cream mixture and the butter mixture, beating after each addition just until combined. 
  • Bake 45 minutes or until center comes clean using a toothpick.
  • Cool in pan 10 minutes and invert to a wire rack. 

Glaze Directions:
  • Use a whisk and blend all ingredients until smooth 
  • Drizzle icing over cooled loaf or drizzle icing over each slice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...