Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The World According to Bella

Guilty Pleasure
The mistakes Mr. C and Mrs. S made recently were leaving me home alone, inside and unattended. The long hours of boredom set in. I just couldn't help myself. As I was sniffing around candy smells wafted my direction. It was then I spied this bowl of candy treats on a shelf just begging to be taken. What was Mrs. S thinking leaving such temptation out!! But wait, what was that other smell? Something even better than candy, raw hide bones. 
Now these are my favorite treats and very hard to resist. I knew then which bag I had to pick. I pawed my way into the bowl, helped myself spilling all the other bags out on the floor. 
Just as Mr. C and Mrs. S returned I was finishing off the remains of two raw hide bones in one of the bags. It was hard to ignore Mrs.S's scolding. I decided to hide under the table. I knew I was bad. 
But how was I supposed to know that one of the bags was for Sadie, my cousin, who is visiting me this weekend.  Really, I think Mrs. S should be happy. I didn't even touch the other bags filled with candy. Besides I am always starving since Mr. C put me on this  restricted diet to lose extra pounds. 
Hopefully, Mrs. S can come up with two raw hide bones for Sadie's visit so I can get out of the doghouse.
__________________________________________
Mississippi Mudslides
Now if I were to pick a guilty pleasure it would be this ice cream milk shake from Southern Living  October 2012. Never mind the fact it is a calorie buster but with chocolate, coffee and Kahlua how can one resist.
Cook's note this recipe can be non-alcoholic: omit the bourbon or Kahlua
I adapted the recipe substituting Kahlua for bourbon.
Ingredients:
1 pt. coffee ice cream
1 pt. chocolate ice cream 
1 cup milk
1/2 cup bourbon/Kahlua 
Directions:
Add to a blender-mix till smooth 
Suggested toppings:
whip cream, chocolate syrup,marshmallows (torched using a kitchen tool) or crushed oreos
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mississippi-mudslides-50400000123990/
"There's no limit to how much you'll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go."

by Dr. Seuss   

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...