Orzo pasta is a type of pasta made in the shape of a rice grain and often rice sized as well.
This pasta is very versatile because of its size and shape. It can be used in a fairly wide range of dishes both hot and cold sides, soups and salads. 1 cup dry = 3 cups volume cooked. Orzo is usually found in the pasta section of the store rather than the rice section but check both places.
- 1-1/2 cups dry orzo
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced and patted dry on a paper towel
- 1 (10.5 oz. ) package grape tomatoes, halved and patted dry on a paper towel
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow/orange sweet mini peppers, diced
- 1/2 tsp. each oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Bottled Light Greek Vinaigrette e.g. Cardini's
- Prepare orzo according to directions listed on package/box. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, peppers and spices. Add in orzo, the dressing 1/4 cup at a time and taste. You do not want to overly saturate the salad ingredients with dressing. Refrigerate a few hours. Just before serving add crumbled feta cheese.