Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Frosting
Cook's notes: Don't just wait for St. Patrick's Day to try this decadent cupcake. It is moist and a wonderful combination of flavors.Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 cup of Guinness beer at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 TB butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour beer into saucepan, add in chunks of butter, melt on a low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa and sugar, stir mixture until a bit thick and sugar is dissolved. Remove from stove.
- In a bowl beat sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Add in beer/sugar/cocoa mixture and beat until well mixed.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins. Fill each liner with batter 3/4 cup full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until center comes clean using a toothpick.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 TB. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Beat butter and Baileys until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well. May need to add in milk to get correct frosting consistency.
- Add a little sparkle to your cupcakes with green sprinkles.
Hot Reuben Dip
Cook's notes: This dip has all the elements of a classic reuben sandwich. It's sure to be a winner at your next gathering.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 oz. deli sliced corned beef, chopped
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a medium sized baking dish. A glass pie dish works well too.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the sauerkraut and the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.
- Serve hot with pretzel crisps, Triscuits or cocktail-size rye bread squares.