by Norman Schwarzkopf US. Army officer who commanded Operation Desert Storm
Cook's Notes: I realize
A bowl of yogurt pretzels
are some healthier options while waiting for the main meal.
When I saw the title for this recipe BEST EVER BAKED BEANS I was a bit skeptical. We all have what we think is our own best baked bean recipe. But one spoonful of this side dish will have you smacking your lips and wanting more. We had a 4 year old guest who loved every spoonful. It was that good I will never buy from the deli again since it's so easy to put together. The recipe required no adaptation except I halved it to serve for a smaller group. I could say it served 6 but since so tasty a realistic guess would be 4. It can be prepared the night before and then reheated.
Recipe from Food Network
Best Ever Baked Beans
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onions, diced
- 3/4 cup mini sweet peppers, diced yellow, orange and red
- 1 can (28 oz.) Bushs Baked Beans Maple and Bacon Cured
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray brand)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 TB. spicy brown mustard or yellow mustard
- 1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 TB. brown sugar
- Optional 4 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
- Brown ground beef, onions and peppers
- Drain and crumble ground beef.
- In large saucepan add ground beef, peppers, onions and rest of ingredients. Cook on low 30 minutes uncovered.