Cook’s notes: Celebrate spring with the sweet tart taste of rhubarb with strawberries. This sauce is versatile using it as jam on muffins, over ice cream or pound cake or as a side for meats and poultry. The sauce can be pureed in blender to make it smooth or pulse a few times in blender and leave some chunks remaining in the sauce. Sauce will thicken as it is refrigerated for several hours. For a fun serve use a margarita glass to hold a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with
- 2 cups diced rhubarb and 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 TB. Grand Marnier
- ½ TB. lemon juice
- 1 TB. grated orange or lemon zest
- optional dash of cinnamon
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water and stir to dissolve.
- Add rhubarb and simmer on low 15 minutes, add in strawberries, lemon juice, zest and cook 10 minutes longer. If using cinnamon add in this cooking step.
- Remove from heat and add in Grand Marnier.
- Puree in blender or pulse a few times in blender keeping in some chunks.
- Refrigerate to thicken.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Chutney
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Mini Strawberry and Rhubarb Pies
Hope you found a recipe or two to try from Ever Ready's files