Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki SauceTasty grilled skewered chicken marinated in a Moroccan style spice blend. It is easy to make marinating the chicken in lemon juice, olive oil and a blend of spices and then grilling it to perfection. The spice blend is made with a number of ingredients including a base of paprika with a touch of heat being provided by some cayenne and a hint of the exotic by the cinnamon, ginger and turmeric. Grilling the chicken only takes a few minutes. As a time saver serve kabobs using a prepared box of herb couscous or Basmati Rice (Roasted Chicken Flavor and Herbs with Orzo Pasta). Pair the meal with fresh fruit and homemade chocolate brownie.
Recipe adapted from closetcooking.com and serves 4.
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 2 TB. lemon juice (half of a fresh lemon)
- 2 TB. olive oil , Garlic Olive Oil or Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric, saffron or curry
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon slices
- 10 large wood skewers (soaked at least 30 minutes in water).
- optional veggies to thread on skewers: zucchini (green or yellow), sliced into 1/3″ rings, medium bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces, 1 medium sweet or red onion, sliced into chunks, medium sized mushrooms, rinsed and dried on paper towels
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Combine spices in another small bowl and sprinkle over chicken pieces. Place in a freezer zip loc bag and marinate the chicken for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain marinade and skewer the chicken with veggies. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 10 minutes per side.
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled about 1 cup
- 10 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or 1-1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black or lemon pepper
- The cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it's juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful with two paper towels. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn't watery the next day.
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, minced garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together in blender pulse a few times, but not puree it. For best flavor make the sauce the day before for flavors to meld.
Foil Packet Lemon Shrimp with Corn and Zucchini
Lemon Dijon Salmon with Spinach, Squash and Potatoes
Both recipes found at
Ever Ready Drink Specials
- 2 cups strawberry margarita mix
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 cups crushed ice
- tequila (for adults only)
- OPTIONAL BUT REALLY MAKES IT A PARTY DRINK
- lime slices and fresh strawberries for garnish
- Sugar sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- Prepare glasses. Using your finger or a small paint brush just for food, bush corn syrup along rim of glass. Dip Glasses in sprinkles and set aside.
- Combine margarita mix and crushed ice in a blender, blend until desired consistency. Add club soda and pulse just to combine.
- Pour into prepared glasses. For adults only, top with a shot of tequila. Garnish with fruit and enjoy.