Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Another Pig in the Blanket- A Little Bit of Everything

Do you sometimes find yourself revisitng a recipe tweaking the steps or adding in something new?  Remember these Pigs in a Blanket a game day appetizer posted in January?
This recipe was a twist on your classic Pigs in Blanket snack using Puff Pastry, Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage and Bagel Everything Seasoning. 
Well I went back remade the pigs and added a Honey Mustard Sauce.
I found a shortcut to making my own bagel seasoning at Trader Joes.
But making your own bagel seasoning is another option. Store any extra in a covered container or jar.
Mix 1 tablespoon each poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
I used this chicken sausage product but there were other flavors to choose from


I really like this product as it's a healthier alternative to traditional sausage with loads of flavor.  
Check out the origanal recipe posted 
https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2020/01/game-day-foods.html

This recipe begs to be served with a frosty cold beer.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Cook's Notes:
Takes 5 minutes to make. refrigerate any leftovers.
Mix the following in a bowl using a whisk.
1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup mayoniaise. 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, dash cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar 

4 comments:

  1. So often I find foods here I never knew existed, like the red pepper chicken sausage. I wonder if I can find it locally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no problem finding it but at a larger grocery store maybe even Trader Joes as I know you like that store as Aldi have no idea since do not shop there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll poke around. I've never been to a Trader Joes. Aldi is my go-to grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making your own bagel seasoning a good option and Cub has chicken sausages

      Delete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...