tutorial on how carve this cat pumpkin
no carve pumpkins-now these three are ones I could handle!
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 TB orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- scant ground cloves
- scant nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 2 TB. sugar
- Preheat oven 350.
- Grease one large loaf pan or use two-three mini loaf pans.
- Toss coarsely chopped cranberries in 2 TB. sugar and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and 1 egg. Add in second egg, pumpkin, orange zest and orange juice, beat all ingredients together.
- In another bowl add flours, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and cranberries and nuts.
- Add to pumpkin mixture but only stir to moisten ingredients.
- Bake for 4o minutes or until center comes clean using a toothpick.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, invert to a cooling rack.