follow this link to easy Halloween Treats
The following are two treats I picked out to make that were easy.
Wrap refrigerated breadstick dough around jumbo frankfurters, letting the frankfurters show slightly through the bread. Press in olive pieces or raisins for eyes. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for about 12 minutes or until bread is golden.
- 1- 8 - ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 4 ounces Asiago or Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar 7 0z. marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Thinly sliced French bread, toasted or toasted pita wedges
- 2 TB. melted butter
- 1-2 TB. Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- In a food processor bowl, combine cream cheese, Miracle Whip, 1 cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Cover and process until mixture is well combined. Add in drained artichoke hearts, drained sweet red peppers, mushrooms, and green onions. Cover and process with on/off turns until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 8-inch quiche dish or 9-inch pie plate, spreading evenly.
- Mix bread crumbs, butter, herbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top of cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with thinly sliced French bread or pita wedges. Garnish with additional red pepper and parsley, if you like. Makes about 3-3/4 cups (12 servings).