Fans of Pete the Cat will love watching him take his positive outlook and transform a grumpy day into an awesome day by realizing how important it is to look for the good in every day. Perhaps even a learning lesson for adults who are reading the story.
Highly recommended for ages 4-7.
- 7 medium size red potatoes with skin on
- ½ lb. of bacon-cooked and drained on a paper towel
- 1 medium onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 TB. sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 TB. flour (heaping)
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tsp.celery seeds
- Boil potatoes (covered) with skins on till slightly soft-you want to cook them until peel starts to split-don’t overcook
- Drain and peel off skin,cut in quarters
- Fry bacon reserve 2 TB. bacon grease
- In fry pan add bacon grease and sauté onions
- Add sugar, vinegar and water-whisk on low heat
- Add flour to 1/3 cup water and whisk that into sugar/vinegar mixture and cook till thick, adding in celery seeds and salt and pepper
- Add cubed potatoes and chopped bacon.
- Cook on low heat 30 minutes (uncovered), stir occasionally
- Polish Kielbasa (fully cooked and no fillers) 14 oz.
- Smoked Sausage (fully cooked and no fillers) 13.5 oz
- 2 apples peeled and diced in large chunks
- 1 onions diced
- 5 cups apple cider
- Dice meats in 1-1/2 slices.
- In a large soup pot add meat slices, cider, onion, apples.
- Cook covered on low heat for 45 minutes or until apples soft.
- Drain mixture and serve with red cabbage.