Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The World According to Bella

I Love A Parade
With thunder, lightning and a drenching rain I curled up in bed not too motivated to get up even though I had to pee. It was not looking good for our annual boat parade.  We've never had a washout before. I could hear Mrs.S on the phone talking with different people. She got my attention when I heard the words, "Well maybe we will just have to skip having a parade." 
What! Skip the parade! This was the worst news ever. I looked out the window hoping the rain had stopped but no such luck. After breakfast I went back to bed settling down  for a long morning nap. But then something unbelievable happened. It got light out and the rain stopped. Just like that and one hour before the scheduled parade start. My prayers were answered. I wasted no time getting to the boat
but Mrs. S was frazzled trying to decorate the boat in a real short amount of time. Mr.C helped and I tried to stay out of their way. We made it right on time 5th in line with other boats. The skies turned sunny with no sign of rain.  
I kept a close watch on the boats ahead of us. This one was leading the pack.





One of the best things about the parade was all the people on shore waving to us, honking their horns, ringing their bells and dogs barking as we passed by. I gave them all my best bark and paw wave and Mr.C honked his horn really loud. 






I had a great time and was real happy not to see any rain.  Let me tell you I've had to renovate my hole several times lately as it fills up with water. Really annoying.
The dreaded fireworks are tonight. But you will find me inside and under the table. Much too scary and noisy for me. 
Hope your day was fun.
Love, Bella 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post, I am sure it was a great day for all.
    We will feature your post in honour of your 4th July celebrations.
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...