Game On Part OneGet a head start on Game Day plans with ideas from Ever Ready. The following ideas are based on the Reindeer Bar concept- use your creativity and ingenuity to build your own.
or call it
Some recipe ideas to get you started on these two Mexican themed bars. Note that nachos can be a substantial meal in itself if you load with toppings.
Slow cooker queso
Black Bean Pico de Gallo
Extra suggested fixings include: sour cream, sliced black olives, pickled jalapenos, diced tomatoes, lime wedges, sliced scallions, fresh cilantro. guacamole, red and green salsa, shredded lettuce
Start with a crock pot of shredded pork, beef or chicken.
To build this Barbecue Bar includes the following:
Two kinds of barbecue sauce
To build this bar start with a crockpot of meatballs (appetizer size)
Add toppings which include:
Two kinds of sauces
Sliced mozzarella cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
Pesto Roasted red peppers
Appetizer Red Pepper Jelly with Marinated Crackers
There's a variety of marinated cracker recipes on the Internet to try. Two basic ingredients include some type of oil and a dry packet of Ranch Dressing Mix. Most recipes suggest making the sauce adding the crackers to a zip loc bag to coat and let sit crackers marinate for several hours. I wanted to make sure crackers were evenly coated so I used a pastry brush. Some recipes also suggested after marinating the crackers to bake them at a low heat.
Oh, what to do??
So I came up with my own recipe:) I decided to use light olive oil rather than canola oil. Original recipes included 2 TB. of red pepper flakes which was a bit spicy for me so I cut back to one tablespoon. It's all about personal preference.
Warning: crackers highly additive!!
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 1 1/4 cups light olive oil
- 1 packet of dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 TB. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. each parsley flakes and thyme
- Mix ingredients in a blender and transfer to a small bowl.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange crackers in single rows. Using a pastry brush generously brush on sauce. Turn crackers over and repeat process.
- Let sit for 2 hours. Repeat brushing process and bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack placed over baking sheet and then store in an airtight container.