Full of fresh flavors and simple to prepare to fit into your busy weeknight schedule.
I used half regular spaghetti and whole wheat. Spinach spaghetti is another option. A time saver is using a rotisserie chicken. Recipe serves 4 and was adapted from cuisineathome.com
- 4 oz. each regular and whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts. cubed into bite sized pieces
- Pepper flakes and Italian seasoning
- 2 TB minced garlic
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mini sweet bell peppers. red, orange and yellow
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each parsley flakes and Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls (deli section)
- 2-3 TB fresh basil, diced
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil, place chicken pieces in pan and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Add in garlic, onions and peppers. Saute on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add in Roma tomatoes, can of diced tomatoes, sugar, parsley flakes, Italian seasoning and mozzarella balls.
- Cook on low heat uncovered 20 minutes. While this mixture is on simmer cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain spaghetti and add into tomato mixture. Stir in fresh basil at the end with grated Parmesan cheese.