I grew them without ever thinking of painting them. ”
Depending on the light and angle, the color contrasts were amazing with the ever changing hues of greens and blues. Though water lilies look as if they are sprouting from the water, they are actually floating on top of the water, with their roots tethered deep into the water-logged soil at the bottom of the lake or pond. The lily pad beneath the flowers is the leaf of the water lily plant.
The water lily is repeatedly used in the oil paintings of French Impressionist Claude Monet (1840-1926). His water lily series of 250 oil paintings are some of his most masterful works.
The water lily paintings were inspired by Monet's flower garden at Giverny and a nearby
Water Lily Pond 1899
Keep your meal planning simple and easy with a grilled salmon meal sauced with an Asian flair. Serve a side dish of Orzo and fresh veggies, a recipe previously posted.
Other side options include serving salmon pieces in a bowl with brown rice and steamed
- 1 piece Alaskan Wild Salmon (check out Costco)
- 2 TB. each ketchup,hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar
- 1 TB. each soy sauce, sesame oil
- 2 tsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger or 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small pan and heat on low 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly. Transfer mixture to a small bowl to use for basting.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Baste and cook 12 minutes a side. Turn once during the cooking time.