Cheese Tortellini with Basil Vinaigrette
For easier serving prep this recipe a day in advance. Make and refrigerate the vinaigrette. Dice veggies and cook pasta al dente. Cool pasta and bag separately from veggies. Add arugula right before serving. Recipe inspiration form Southern Living July 2019. Recipe serves 4.
- 1- 9 oz. package cheese filled tortellini cooked according to package directions. rinse and drain (I used a package mixture of refrigerated spinach and regular tortellini)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken, bite sized
- 1 cup each diced cherry tomatoes, cucumber or zucchini, cauliflower or broccoli, carrots, baby arugula
- 3 TB. toasted pecans or walnuts
- Mix salad ingredients and drizzle with dressing right before serving. Top with toasted nuts.
- 1/3 cup olive
- 2-1/2 TB. good quality white balsamic
- 1 TB. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp. finely diced shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TB. fresh basil, diced
- Mix all ingredients in a blender except basil.
- Pour into a small pitcher and stir in basil. Mix well with a whisk and refrigerate until needed.