Balsamic Caprese Mini Bites with Watermelon Cubes
Cook's Notes: Save time on party day by slicing cucumbers and watermelon cubes ahead but bag separately. Assemble and drizzle with balsamic right before serving. Highly recommend using a chocolate balsamic as it really amps up the flavor. Another option is making a mint lime vinaigrette (recipe below) but substitute mint for basil. At larger grocery stores you can find herb mozzarella balls which would be great for this appetizer.
- Cucumber slices
- Watermelon cubes
- Mozzarella balls (deli section) or Feta cubes
- Roma tomatoes
- Basil or mint chopped
- Good quality dark balsamic or chocolate balsamic
- Line a large plate with two paper towels.
- Slice cucumbers about 1/4 inch thick and cube watermelon into bite sized pieces.
- Place both on paper towels to drain.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves (chop) see this tutorial https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-chiffonade-fresh-basil-leaves-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-188971
- Assembly: Cucumber slice, watermelon cube, cheese ball, toothpick and tomato
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 2 TB. fresh mint
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk to combine or use a blender to mix.
- Serve with Blueberry Lemonade Slushies (recipe previously published)