My parents would bring them home after an evening out for my sister and I. We liked to collect the umbrellas and use them when we played "house" with our dolls.
Make life more fun and serve drinks with paper umbrellas and slices of fruit. With the summer heat these drink recipes might just cool you off.
Roxie knew how to beat the heat today, she's off to the beach right across the street.
Just Peachy Sangria
Recipe serves 6
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup red or green grapes (freeze grapes for several hours before adding to drink)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours-add frozen grapes.
- 1 can frozen limeade, thawed
- 1/2 can rum (use limeade can to measure)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 can water
- Muddled mixture of fresh mint and pulp of two limes
- Use a blender to mix all ingredients.
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Margarita salt optional
- 1 can limeade concentrate thawed (12 oz.)
- 3 -1/2 cups cold water
- 1 jar (6 oz.) maraschino cherries
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Rub rims of 8 chilled glasses with lime wedges and dip rims in Margarita salt.
- Stir together limeade concentrate and 3-1/2 cups of the cold water.
- In a blender pour entire bottle of maraschino cherries with juice and puree.
- Add to blender limeade with cold water and mix at high speed.
- Fill each glass about 2/3 with the limeade mixture, add a few ice cubes and then add sparkling water to each of the glasses.
- Optional a splash of orange liqueur and a little tequila for a margarita type cocktail. Oh, and don't forget a lime wedge and little paper umbrella!
Follow my Pinterest board Fun Drinks for more ideas