Blueberry Lemonade Slushies for Grown-Ups
Pure Bliss!Beat the summer heat with a refreshing Blueberry Lemonade Slushie. Pairing a simple blueberry syrup mixture with fresh lemon juice, chilled in the freezer-oh my, what a taste. It's suppose to be a summer sipper but you may be tempted to slurp it right down.
Cook's notes: This recipe serves two but can be easily doubled for more servings. Omit rum for a non alcoholic version. Recipe adapted from cuisineathome.com
Please note the straws are not plastic but cardboard. Recipe makes two drinks but can easily be adapted.
- 1 package of blueberries, (6 oz.) rinsed and drained, reserve a few for garnish
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 shots of light rum or vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 trays of ice cubes or 2 cups crushed ice
- Heat blueberries, water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low simmer until sugar dissolves and berries burst, about 8 minutes.
- Add in lemon juice and rum. Place in blender with ice and mix well.
- Place blender covered in freezer for a few hours and spoon mixture into glasses.
- Another option is pour blueberry lemonade into glasses and chill several hours in freezer. Garnish with blueberries.