Cook's notes: A square cake pan (pictured below) is perfect for making Corn Belt Special, a side for Beef and Butternut Squash Chili.
A muffin pan or a square 8 x 8 pan also works for this recipe.
- 1 box Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix (15 oz.)
- 1 cup creamed corn (drained )
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies (drained and patted dry)
- 1-1/2 cups from a package of Shredded Mexican Four Cheeses
- Follow the directions on the back of the box but substitute buttermilk for regular milk.
- Fold in creamed corn and chilies.
- Fill muffin well 3/4 full. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each cornbread muffin/square.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove and place each piece on a wire rack to cool.