Ever Ready has previously posted at http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/search?q=+lettuce+wraps these lettuce wraps
with another twist on the wraps-Curried Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Greek yogurt was substituted for part of the mayonnaise and romaine lettuce used instead of bread. Less calories and you won’t notice a difference. A bacon splurge is optional. Make the salad early in the day for flavors to meld. This recipe serve 4 and was adapted from dammdelicioius.net
- 3 slices bacon cooked, diced
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup celery, diced each 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and diced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, celery, onions, spices, lemon juice and Dijon; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style, garnished with bacon, tomato and avocado, if desired.