She made her debut in 2005 with the book "Fancy Nancy" by Jane O' Connor.
I can assure you these books are classroom favorites even for the boys. You can't help but love her boldness, zest for life and confident manner.
So when crafting this post I couldn't help but think this would be a 'Nancy'approved dessert.
Molten Chocolate Cake was adapted from closetcooking.com for this recipe and best served warm. You will need 4 ramekins to make this recipe. Use premium chocolate e.g. Ghirardelli.
It's a chocolate cake that oozes a decadent warm melted chocolaty center. It's a day brightener to perk up a long winter-no need to wait for a special occasion to enjoy.
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. creme of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar+1 teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1-2 TB. Kahlua or Amaretto
- Garnish with raspberries and powdered sugar
- Lightly grease each ramekin and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan on low heat melt chocolate and butter. Remove pan to a cool burner.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks with sugar and whisk mixture into chocolate. Mix well and stir in liqueur.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites with creme of tartar. Fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture, Divide among 4 ramekins.
- Bake for 9 minutes. The outside will be set and possibly crack but the inside will still be liquid.
- Garnish and serve immediately .