A Healthy Easy Weeknight Meal Hoisin Glazed Salmon with Veggies in Foil Packets.
Make the sauce early in the day and assembly only takes 10 minutes to pop foil packets in the oven. The sweet and salty glaze is equally delicious served on pork medallions and chicken. A side of herb basmati rice complements the salmon fillets. A sweet treat Cherry Chocolate Cookies recently posted http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2018/02/cherry-chocolate-crinkle-cookies.html rounded out the meal.
Hoisin Glazed Salmon with Veggies in Foil Packets
Recipe serves two and was adapted from chefsavy.com.
- 2 salmon fillets. patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 package of fresh mixed vegetables medley (carrots, broccoli, snap peas) I used a Green Giant bag
- Garnish sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 TB. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp. dried ginger
- 2 TB. honey
- Add sauce ingredients to a blender and mix well. Pour into a small saucepan and cook on low until slightly slurpy. Refrigerate until needed.
- Divide sauce in half.
- Prepare the salmon and veggies by laying two sheets of aluminum foil on counter for each salmon fillet. Place 1 cupful of the mixed veggies on top of foil, add piece of salmon on top.
- Brush each piece of salmon with the hoisin sauce and fold up the edges of the foil to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve with an extra spoonful of glaze and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.