Cook's notes: Recipe makes 1 dozen and comes from wellplated.com
- 3 large overripe bananas (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TB. canola oil or cooled coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 TB. Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place paper liners in a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Mash bananas until nearly smooth. Whisk in egg, yogurt and oil. Mix well and add in brown sugar, vanilla and syrup.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flours. Gently stir the flour into banana mixture until barely combined. Stir in nuts. Avoid overmixing.
- Add batter filling each cup almost to the top. Bake 18-20 minutes.
59th Annual Tubac Festival of the Arts, Arizona’s longest running festival. Proceeds benefit local nonprofit organizations. A juried show showcases the work of hundreds of visiting artists, craft persons and musicians from around the country. There were horse-drawn trolleys, roving entertainers and a food court that featured a variety of cuisines. So much to choose from with a range of artwork from fine painting, sculptures, ceramics, crafted wood and leatherworks, shimmering glass, photography, unique jewelry, artful clothing and mixed media works.