The Pima Air & Space Museum. It is one of the largest non-government funded aviation and space museums in the world featuring over 350 historical aircrafts, from a Wright Flyer to a 787 Dreamliner sitting on 80 acres. The museum opened its doors to the public in May of 1976. Over the past forty years, the museum has grown immensely and today encompasses
- 150 +airplanes in 6 indoor hangers-3 hangers dedicated just to World War II
- 175 + aircraft sitting outside, basking in the Arizona sunshine
- Display of 100 years of aviation history
The size of the planes and their enormous wingspan were quite impressive.
I did manage to find this little yellow one outside that was just my size!
Moving from planes to game day foods was an easy transition on Super Bowl Day especially with this easy recipe.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- precooked beef sausage or Andouille
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- Thaw one sheet puff pastry on wax paper. Cut on folds lengthwise-you will have three pieces. Turn each piece horizontally and cut into thirds.
- Cut sausage into 2 inch pieces. Wrap pastry strips around each piece of sausage. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 13 minutes.
Equal parts of real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip), Dijon mustard and honey. Add in 2 minced garlic cloves and a dash of ground cumin. Refrigerate for a few hours.