Cook's Notes: A very simple, easy and delicious recipe from bettycrocker.com So delicious in fact when Cathy went to leave this was all that was left of her recipe. And she even doubled the batch!
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup Progresso plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 TB. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 TB. hoisin sauce
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix meatball ingredients.
Shape into about 36 (1-inch) meatballs. Place in pan. Cover lightly with foil.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
Turn once or twice during baking to prevent sticking to bottom of pan.
Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Transfer meatballs to slow cooker. In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Add sauce to meatballs; stir gently to mix.
Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
1 (5.3 oz. ) container plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3-4 cups cooked chicken-bite sized pieces
1/4 cup green onions
1 (3 oz.) package Oriental ramen noodles
Sesame sticks, crumbled pieces
1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Whisk in small bowl, yogurt and sesame dressing from salad kit.
- In a large bowl add cabbage mixture, green onions and toss with dressing.
- Cover and chill 30-60 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Add in peanuts and sesame sticks or ramen noodles right before serving.