Expand on the Reindeer Bar idea (Ever Ready previous postings) or try
Hot Chocolate Bar
Pizza Making Station
Milk and Cookie Toasting Bar
Ring in the new year with a family-friendly milk-and-cookies toast. Prepare the glasses in advance by dipping the rims of cocktail or champagne glasses (or buy some inexpensive ones from Dollar store) in melted chocolate, then cover with colorful sprinkles. Ar midnight (or whenever you decide "midnight" is), serve the milk and the fortune cookies. Toast to the new year and read your fortune!
- 1 /2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup each white sugar and brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 of a 12 oz. bag of mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet or bittersweet)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds (sliced almonds)
- Toast coconut and almonds 3-5 minutes at 350 watch carefully so mixture does not over brown, stir a few times. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt together. Add in flour and mix well.
- Stir in chips, toasted coconut and almonds.
- Chill dough in refrigerator 1 hour or freezer 1/2 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Bake cookies 10-11 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.