Add them together
and you get pure bliss with
Recipe makes 15 muffins.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup eggnog traditional or light
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries (halved) mixed with 2 TB. sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 TB. turbinado sugar or Sprinkles (white sparkling sugar) I found this container at Michaels in the baking section
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the eggnog and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in sugared cinnamon cranberries and walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake 16 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool briefly on a wire rack and serve warm.
Glazed Eggnog Bread with Cranberries