Cook's Notes: Add a spin to your holiday entertaining with Hash Brown and Egg Breakfast Cups. Recipe was adapted from cuisineathome.com and makes 12 breakfast cups. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat during the week for a quick breakfast pick me up. Be creative as there are plenty of options for this recipe that include: diced ham, broccoli florets or make vegetarian cups with spinach and peppers.
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 3 cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2 TB. butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup combination of diced sweet mini peppers
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole or 2 % milk
- 1 TB hot sauce e.g. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Brown sausage, crumble and drain and wipe pan clean. Set aside. Saute peppers and onions for 3-4 minutes in 1 TB. butter. Add in garlic cloves, and saute 2 minutes.
- Combine sausage, peppers, onions and garlic. This step can be done ahead, refrigerate until needed.
- Spread refrigerated shredded hash browns patted dry out on a baking sheet for 1-2 hours to dry out a bit.
- Toss with 1 TB. melted butter, shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper mix well.
- Generously grease muffin pan wells.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees and press heaping 1/4 cup hash brown mixture into bottom and up sides of muffin wells.
- Bake 10 minutes until starting to brown.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, parsley flakes and Sriracha.
- Divide sausage mixture evenly over hash brown cups (about 1/4 cup). Slowly pour milk/egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center. Loosen cups from pan by running a knife around edges.
Puff Pastry Egg Cups
Eggs Benedict Casserole
Chicken Pot Pies
Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Salmon
Como Park Conservatory St. Paul, Minnesota