Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Have a heart of pure chocolate bliss with bursts of cherry bits in every bite.
Cook's notes: The chocolate cherry combo is perfection! Everyone will love these decadent and divine cookies! Recipe makes 3 dozen cookies depending on the size of the dough ball and adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 2- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa e.g. Droste
- 1/4 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar- minus 2 TB.
- 1 cup light brown sugar-minus 2 TB.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or mini semi-sweet chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, sea salt, espresso powder, cinnamon and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips and dried cherries. Chill dough one hour in refrig or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Flour hands, roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Keep dough chilled until the next batch.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.