Nearly one in four people who die each year die from heart disease. High blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol, and smoking are the leading risk factors, and one out of two Americans has at least one of these.
Information from Huffington Post April 2015
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts, stems cut and halved
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 cup red onion slices
- 2-1/2 tablespoons lemon olive oil or olive oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in squash cubes, Brussels Sprouts and onion slices, mix well.
- Add veggies to baking sheet and roast 18 minutes. Add in grapes, stir mixture and roast 7 minutes more or until squash tender.
- Serve immediately.
Check out a similar recipe by Ever Ready previously posted. https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2020/01/chicken-sausage-sweet-potatoes-and.html
Something to think about...