Here's how it works...
Each day during the month of February and into March I will post an idea on my blog for a random act of kindness (of course you may have your own ideas) starting February 17th, today to March 17th.
At the bottom of Ever Ready blog is a comment box. Click it on and post your idea or perhaps some unexpected thing that happened along the way to you. I look forward to reading your comments. I will also be commenting on my own random act of kindness journey. Look for this icon each day on my blog.
Perhaps these random acts of kindness may even become some kind of life long habit. Here are some ideas to get you started.
This site Random Acts of Kindness was quite helpful for ideas divided into the following categories:
school, family, cooking, baking, family, environment, sports, crafts, senior citizens, parking, strangers, community, holiday, literacy and many others. Check it out.
Here's some easy ideas to get you started.
- Tweet or send someone a FB message of thanks or compliment.
- Make a card at home and send it to a friend for no reason.
- Buy a lottery ticket for a stranger.
- Put some coins in someone else’s parking meter.
- Shovel your neighbor's sidewalk or driveway.
- Walk your friend’s dog.
- Give a compliment about your waiter / waitress to his / her manager.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Let someone go in front of you at the store or queue at the bank.
- Pay for the drinks on the next table at a café.
- Treat a friend to the movies for no reason.
- Give a generous tip to someone when they least expect it.
- Hold the door open for someone rushing to get in.
- Give up your seat for someone, not just an elderly person.
- Write notes of appreciation at least once a week.
- Pick up some rubbish in the road or yard which would otherwise be lying around.
- Compliment a work colleague.
- Recommend a competitor to a potential client.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Be more courteous to merging traffic.
- Help an elderly neighbor put out their garbage cans curbside.
- Tell a family member how much your appreciate them.
- Leave a copy of an interesting book on a train / bus/airport.
- Buy an inspirational book for a friend.
- Send a thank you note to a person who has helped you in the past.
- Smile a lot.