Start your day with Banana Mango Avocado Smoothie
Recipe comes from sallysbakingaddition.com
Cook's notes: Glowing Skin Smoothie recipe title caught my attention. The desert heat and wind do a number on your skin in the Southwest and I need to find ways ways to revitalize and hydrate my skin.
The frozen banana and avocado add thickness to the smoothie. The mango and pineapple sweeten things up and the coconut water adds a tropical flare. With the addition of kale or spinach this smoothie packs a HUGE nutrient punch. Coconut water is ideal since it is so hydrating for our bodies and skin. It is sold in most grocery stores and at Target and Walmart. You can substitute regular water,almond milk or your favorite juice. Try adding in 1/2 cup blueberries as they are another super food great for your skin!
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- optional: 1 tablespoon ground flax or flaxseed oil
- A strong, powerful blender like Vitamix or Ninja works the best but since I am not on my home turf, a food processor worked fine.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more coconut water if it's too thick.