- One bunch of asparagus, stems removed
- 2-1/2 cups dried penne pasta
- Marinara sauce(recipe below)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon squeeze
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange spears evenly not overlapping, drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- Roast 400 15-20 minutes until al dente. Cut into smaller pieces and grate Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cook penne according to manufacture's directions but more on the al dente side. Add cooked penne to marinara sauce, toss in asparagus pieces.
Cooks's Notes: Multiple uses for this sauce made with basic pantry shelf items. Make the sauce the day before as it tastes even more flavorful on the second and third days.
- 1 jarred Marinara Sauce (use your favorite brand)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer uncovered on low one hour.
But more importantly than eggs or TP shortages is the news coverage showing the staggering rise of numbers of cases confirmed and deaths. I feel so sad right now-the world needs prayers!