but fear not with the Luck of the Irish behind me
the day has been saved to make this pie. I didn't even have to grocery shop as I had all the ingredients. Yesterday's grocery store experience was a bit of nightmare with so much panic buying and checkout lines down the aisles. While I am not minimizing the potentially dangerous situation we all are in panic buying does not serve the community well at this time either depleting necessary items. I was unable to find a bag of sugar! Thank heavens we have enough paper products as the shelves were bare.
Oreo Mint Mousse Pie is guaranteed to put a spring in your step after a few heavenly bites.
With a chocolate crumb crust, a minty chocolate mousse filling, and a Mint OREO garnish, this chocolate pie is sure to be a hit with chocolate and mint lovers everywhere!
Recipe adapted from letsdishrecipes.com
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST:
FOR THE PIE:
- 2-1/2 cups Mint Oreo cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 30 large marshmallows or 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract not peppermint extract or 3 tablespoons Creme de Menthe (liquer)
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6-8 Mint OREO cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chocolate cookie crumbs in a food processor, breaking cookies in half before putting into the food processor. Add in melted butter and mix well in the processor. Press cookie crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk over medium low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped chocolate and mint extract or Creme de Menthe. Whisk mixture until smooth; set aside to cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until color is chocolatey.
- Spread the chocolate mint filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Garnish pie with chopped Mint Oreos and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Cover with a sheet of wax paper.