- 1 bunch of asparagus-spears, preferably thin stalks
- 6-12 thin slices of deli maple ham
- Soft cheese e.g. Havarti cut ½ x 2 inch pieces
- Dijon mustard
- 1 box thawed Puff Pastry sheets makes 24 or 1 sheet makes 12 asparagus puff pastries
- Egg wash
- Sesame seeds
- Grated Parmesan cheese or a spice called Garlic Bread Sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry wheel cut pastry sheet into thirds vertically, then into fourths horizontally making a total of 12 pieces.
- Brush each pastry sheet with the Dijon mustard.
- Wrap 1-2 asparagus spears with ½ slice maple ham inserting in the roll one piece of cheese.
- Lay asparagus wrapped ham spear in middle of pastry sheet stretching to make sides join together.Leave asparagus tips exposed and trim off bottom so even with end of pastry. Place asparagus bundles seam side down on parchment paper.
- Brush pastry with an egg wash. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese or a spice; Garlic Bread Sprinkles.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Here is a link to directions.https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2015/02/norman-rockwell-and-puff-pastry-hearts.html
Imagine the possibilities with so many different cookie cutters!
RAK-After listening to several news broadcasts tonight and knowing an entire world is in turmoil, the best acts of kindness right now are