Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Reflections

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. 
       - Albert Einstein
In the wake of the aftermath of last week's unsettling events in Boston it is good for us to pause a moment and remember those innocent people who lost their lives as well as the injured. The following poem comes from Caroline Kennedy's poetry book "She Walks in Beauty." 



This book draws upon poetry's eloquent wisdom to ponder the many joys and challenges of being a woman. The collection of poems are divided into sections that signify to Kennedy notable milestones, passages and universal experiences women face each day in their lives.







May Today There Be Peace Within  
by St. Teresa of Avila
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received , and pass on the 
love that
has been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God ....
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the
freedom to
sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.  
 _____________________________________________________________________
The World According to Bella
On The Mend
The last few days have been a little rough but I am tough. Dr. Ekholm says I am just fine and I proudly wear the battle scars of 5 stitches and 6 staples. But a pain pill a day does help. My exploring adventures outdoors at the lake have been a bit limited. Mr. C takes me on short walks since I am not quite up to climbing snowbanks and running up and down snow covered  hills.  I have spent lot of time indoors resting.  
I did perk up when Mrs. S brought me this gift. Rawhide bones are just the best. 
And then she read me a favorite book while I chewed on my bone.
I like to hear all about George's adventures. He is like me. We are both curious. We both seem to get into trouble a lot. I Iike to hear about the time when George swallows a jigsaw puzzle piece and goes to the hospital. It was funny when he got on a cart to see how fast it would go and crashed it. 

Love, Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment

FALL FEST

Weave your magic and recreate these ghoulish gooodies . Witch Guacamole Dip Witches Fingers https://juliarecipes.com/witches-fingers-hallowe...